We joined in 2014 the project called Europeana Food and Drink funded by the European Commission under the CIP ICT Policy Support Programme (ICT PSP) that aims at promoting the wider re-use of the digital resources available through Europeana. Focusing on the rich and vibrant European food and drink culture and heritage, Europeana Food and Drink wishes to engage the general public, creative industries, cultural heritage organisations and the food and drink industries in creating, sharing, learning and making use of food- and drink related content.
The project brings together 28 partners from across 16 European countries and is led by the UK-based Collections Trust. Leading content providers, creative technologists and creative industry partners are working together in order to create an evocative suite of commercial applications and products featuring food- and drink related content catered to specific audiences.
The MKVM will contribute as a content provided with about 3600 items on one hand, and will also add value to other outcomes related all work packages including a possible exhibition.
Europeana Food and Drink will achieve its objectives by:
- Discovering, preparing, licensing and uploading 50,000 – 70,000 unique high-quality digital assets and their associated metadata to Europeana
- Engaging the general public, retailers and distributors in campaigns and in piloting and crowding activities to encourage them to share and make use of food- and drink related content
- Working with creative industry partners to develop a suite of innovative creative and commercial applications
- Enhancing unique ideas via Open Innovation Challenges and extending the Europeana Open Labs network
- Developing and sharing new knowledge, understanding and guidance on successful public/private partnerships focused on digital cultural content.